We're hiring for a multi-disciplined web technologist
Posted by Cort Buchholz on 10 / 25 / 2010
SingleMind, a small software development consultation firm in the Portland area is looking for a multi-discipline technologist to join our growing team. We need problem solvers who are just as comfortable with systems administration tasks as they are with software development. We work on a wide variety of projects using disparate technology and are interested in candidates who are interested in finding solutions to complex problems in a cross-functional environment.
- Developing and maintaining web applications in PHP, Ruby and Java
- Experience with .Net as a framework is desirable
- Familiarity with Objective-C and iPhone Application development is desirable
- Familiarity with the Android platform and architecture is desirable
- Optimizing LAMP applications for very large amounts of data and traffic
- Managing source repositories (svn/cvs) for diverse projects
- Creating custom applications/integrations with disparate open source web applications via open interoperability standards (Shibboleth, SAML, REST, etc.)
- Familiarity with OpenSocial, Facebook and other social networking platforms and architectures
- Must be very comfortable with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with other server platforms, including Windows and Solaris, is desirable
- Must be comfortable with database platforms, such as MySQL, as both an administrator and developer
- Solid foundation with networking infrastructure desirable: TCP/IP, DNS, routers, switches, WAP, etc
We are interested in people who are excited about technology and enjoy working with others. Our projects range from integration development, which involves modifying large pre-existing codebases, to architecting and authoring small to large-scale applications (i.e. eLearning applications used by thousands of concurrent users). We are not interested in someone who considers themselves a "Java developer" or a "web application programmer". We are looking for someone who is able to see the potential of a project and is excited to bring that potential to reality via whatever technology/language (tool) necessary.
The right candidate will be self-motivated and capable of both independence and collaboration (via Scrum or similar Agile methodologies). You must be able to accurately estimate the amount of work required to achieve a goal. You must be constantly looking for opportunities to improve your skillset and enjoy finding ways to make processes (both software and human) more efficient.
We're a dynamic and quickly growing Professional Services company. Based in Portland, Oregon, our office is located on the South East side of Downtown Portland. We work flexible hours and operate as a team. Our clients range from small Mom/Pop operations to large multi-billion dollar international companies. Our office is bright with private and team work areas. We're located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by public transportation and convenient car & bike parking. A portion of the team works remotely, so telecommuting is an option.
Please note: Resumes without cover-letters will be ignored.
Contact: cort [at] singlemindconsulting [dot] com